Sunday, September 20, 2015

Thoughts....

Stuck in the middle of my Whole30 log I wanted to post just about some thoughts I had today while walking. I did a 5.5 mile loop and started to feel a blister coming on before mile 3. There was one small little thought to call my husband to come and get me but I decided to push through it. I have a nice quarter size blister to show for it but glad I mushed through. While I was pondering my options about my "blister" and silently whining I thought of one of my friends who has cancer and going through so much right now. How can I complain about a blister? Geez! I have it so good, I really do. As much as there are things I would like to see change, and happen in my life, the life of my family, I really am blessed. I was pushed to think about the fact that maybe there are some things also that could benefit from my showing more faith and putting more in the hands of the Lord. I say I do it but I don't do it really as I should...I need to work on that. Walking felt so good but it was hard...because I have lapsed lately and while yesterday I did 5, and my 5.5 today I still have so far to go to get back in the groove of things. It feels so amazing and freeing just to walk and walk and have no timeline of when I need to be back. The energy it gives me AND the emotional boost is just indescribable. The biggest thing is it gives me time to connect with me and my Savior. I know that may sound so crazy but I am more in tune while out on my feet walking that I am when I am in the middle of mayhem called life. Today is the 6th day of this Whole30 and I feel really good and clear headed. I don't know if I will lose any weight like I am hoping too but the other benefits seem to be worth the work and sacrifice. It feels nice to be doing something that is just for me and working towards this goal. I have forgotten that setting goals for me is a huge motivator and being a little selfish about it I am hoping to really grow in a new way during this 30 days. I will keep on chugging and doing what I do. I know the moments I want to pull my hair out because I am stressed and overwhelmed won't cease but staying focused on this path for 30 days is a way I can hopefully heal my body and mind. I am shooting for that anyway. So my journey continues....

No comments: