Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The first day....I survived.

So today was the big day....Day 1 of 30 days that I hope will reset my physical, emotional and nutritional clock. I got on the scale to see my starting point and then put it away for 30 days. Meal #1 (breakfast) was really good and filling. I chopped up some baby sweet peppers, kale and threw in some roasted potatoes. This was cooked in a little bit of ghee. I added some of the pork sausage I made and had precooked. This hash was topped with two sunny side eggs also cooked in a little ghee. I had fresh strawberries on the side. Meal #2 (lunch) was a grilled salmon salad with celery,dill pickles and olive oil mayo I made last night. This I ate on a bed of arugula and tomato  with slices of nectarine. Meal #3 (dinner) was a nice grilled pork chop with balsamic glaze, green beans cooked with onion and some roasted potatoes. I had a salad of arugula and tomato with the pantry vinegrett I made. Roasted root vegetables finished off the plate. The great thing today was that I used many of my prepped foods to make putting meals together easier. My one screw up was a cup of decaf coffee in the late afternoon. I will still take day 1 as a victory. It was an extremely stressful day and I was very aware of the fact that I wanted to eat to calm my anxiety but I did not relent. I also worked hard on drinking more water. So that is my Day 1 down...29 more to go. Baby steps.

No comments: