Thursday, September 17, 2015

Day #3

 
Well, today was the 3rd day and fortunately I woke up without a headache. I got a little creative and tried to make some different meals. Meal #1 I made some really good zucchini and sweet potato patties. I put in a whole egg and some flax meal for a binder. I topped it with a sunny side egg, some slice pork sausage and had nectarines and blueberries on the side. For meal #2 I made a soup with chicken and vegetables. I used a boxed bone broth that was chicken and ginger. It was tasty but spicy and way more than I could eat. Meal #3 was homemade tomato sauce and beef meatballs on a bed of sautéed zucchini. I made a nice salad with vinaigrette on the side. For my fruit I mixed blueberries/raspberries and coconut meat and that was very yummy. My mind was definitely on food today and while I am eating plenty I felt hungry. I still am trying to shake the coffee but I discovered unsweetened coconut cream and added that to it and that made a huge difference. While at the store tonight I kept noticing all these things I would love to eat but then I realized I am doing this to break that cycle so I felt very self aware as I was shopping. I think one of the things that is hard about this program is the work to prepare a meal and actually sit down and focus on eating. It is so different from inhaling food without the brain getting the "I'm full" signal. I also thought about the fact that I don't have to clean my plate. Tuning in to that signal is also something I am trying to work on. All in all it was a good day. So 27 more to go...and my journey continues.
 
 
 

No comments: