Sunday, February 8, 2009

I think I have a new mission

My new mission is to figure out how to raise my HDL

I never thought I had to think about such things. I was told that the Niacin cardilogist wants me to take is hard on the liver. Since my liver enzymes are out of wack from the neck meds, I will have to call my other Dr. and find out what I should do if I should even take the Niacin. Anyway...I have been reading up and looking for other ways.

Exercise...got that one covered though...I think I can still get more aroebic, keep the heart rate up for longer.

Fiber...get PLENTY of that.

Alcohol...says that is good in moderation but it ain't happenin!

Fish Oil...I may try that.

Stop Smoking...Well, I would have to start to stop...and since I don't Smoke...well, you know what I mean.

I was suprised to learn that the HDL can actually pose a bigger threat in heart disease than the bad LDL. Not have enough good cholesterol can be worse that having too much bad. Go figure.

Something that wasn't a common item on all the different sites I went to that I know will help me out so much is prayer. I need to pray more. I called my Dad Friday and very tearfully asked him to help Kent give me a blessing on Saturday when they came up. I know I am doing all of this work but the one thing I have not being doing enough off is leaning more on the Lord. I realize I am only able to do what I can because of my faith but I need to show more humility and offer more prayer...especially when I feel so discouraged. I know I am won't find the answers, comfort and strength I need anywhere else. So...that is definitely on my list!

1 comment:

DANIELLE said...

You are so awesome! I love to read about your struggles and successes. You're amazing!