Thursday, April 23, 2009

I need to stop jumping on that scale every day.

I don't know why I do that...every morning...strip naked and get on the scale. I need to stop it because I think it's more stress than I need. I am always talking about how this is a "lifestyle" change but surely I don't intend on doing this scale thing daily for the rest of my life. Plus....take this week...I am on my period and yep...it goes up a couple of ounces and what am I doing...but cringing when that so silly of me. If I wasn't so hell bent on knowing daily what I weighed then I'd not be aware of those slight changes that could be something as simple as not having gone to the bathroom or had too big a glass of water.

I need to make a change...I weighed today it was 207.2. I am going to do everything I can to resist that scale until next Wednesday. That's 6 days.....To put the scale out of my head and keep focused on other things. I am waiting until Wednesday because I am in two different groups (a Facebook Slim Group and a Coastie Chicks Weight Loss Group) and Wednesday is the weigh in day for one and the last day I can weigh in for the other. I will do everything I can to be a good girl. My hubs likes to weigh but hopefully he'll throw the scale back in my closet after he is done so it's not right there out in the open like it has been tempting me. Giggle!

Last couple of days I felt sort of sluggish. I took yesterday off from working out. Since I keep my working out to 5 days a week I get an extra day during the middle of the week if I need it. Wednesdays are so crazy with piano lessons and church/scouts...so that seems to be the day that I usually pick. I just felt drained so it was a good day to pick. Today I am ready for a walk on the turtle trails with my little man....

No comments: