Wednesday, November 26, 2014

My favorite time of the day....

I absolutely love early mornings when the entire house is still and no one is up but me. It is nice and quiet, and still. The wind is blowing outside and it is pretty dark outside and it is just peaceful. If I didn't have somewhere to be pretty soon, I'd be putting on my walking clothes and heading out the door. Oh well. I will do that later. Saturday it is "supposed" to snow which is not a super common occurence for here so I am not holding my breath. It will be cold though so what that means for me is some cold weather walking. Yay. Kinda. I got on the scale today and it was 214.2 so now I am down 57.4. My goal was to be at 215 by December 1, so I am happy to know I will be there. My "inner", selfish me would love to be 210 by the time my daughter comes home for Christmas on the 12th. That would give me just over 2 weeks to lose about 4 pounds and since things are slowing down a bit I am not going to push it. It's just a "Wow, that would be so cool" goal for my record book. So I am putting it on the record. December 14th is the Jingle Bell Run and I am looking forward to doing that with a dear friend. I made a crazy tutu that was a major undertaking and I will never make another one again. I had no idea what in the hell I was doing. I have never done a 5K before, done the Half Marathon but nothing else so this will be fun to get back and do an event like this, especially with such a good friend. It is opportunities like this I am so excited to participate in now that I feel physically more able. What a blessing. In the Spring I plan to fly to Cali and walk across the Golden Gate Bridge and back with my best friend. This is the "reward" I had chosen when I break 200. I am so excited to do that. It is motivating to me to set goals. It is kind of like throwing things out in front of myself and once I reach it, I grab it and then throw it out further so I have something to look forward to in the future. There always has to be goals, and something to keep in my mind.

Tomorrow in Thanksgiving and I have so much to be thankful for. I am blessed far more than I deserve.

No comments: