Friday, March 27, 2009

Pizza For Dinner

I made pizza for dinner and tried a different crust and it was yummy. As always I tweaked it a little bit. I made my own individual pizza so it had fresh spinach, mushrooms, red peppers, green and black olives, and jalenpenos, some tomato sauce and a very small amount of low fat mozzarella cheese on it.

I wanted to post this recipe to share.

Quick Whole Wheat Pizza Crust

Ingredients:
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 Tbsp Flax Seed
1 Package active dry yeast/instant yeast
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup hot tap water (120-125 degrees)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey

Preheat Oven: 425

Mix flour,yeast and salt. Blend in water, oil, and honey. Stir by hand vigorously until all ingredients are well mixed; about 3 minutes. Cover and let rise to desired size. (I let mine rise 1 hour)

Place dough in greased jelly roll pan or pizza pan and with oiled hands work dough to sides and form a rim. (I sprinkled corn meal on my pan)

I put my crust in oven for 12 minutes to brown some before adding sauce and toppings. Once sauce and toppings are added, return to oven and cook to desired doneness.

(like I said, I pinched off a small ball and made myself a small 6 inch disk, and then still made a large pizza for my family with the rest of the dough)

No comments: