Thursday, September 25, 2014

Plateaus suck eggs...

I think I have been sitting on one for more than a week and it stinks. I may have broken through finally but it sucks. I took a break from the scale for a couple of days because it was honestly doing nothing but frustrating me. There is no point in being frustrated when I am doing what I need to be doing. Things will happen. I just need to hang in there.

On another note, tonight I really pushed myself and walked further than I have in a long time. I did 5.32 miles and it really felt amazing. I was dragging the last bit but for the bulk of it my energy was all there and I was enjoying myself. I truly LOVE walking. Yes, there are days I have to push myself out the door but I love it once I am out there. Today was just extra great and knowing I was exceeding my usual made it all the better. I have also found that the music I listen to makes a difference. Junk music doesn't motivate me. I have a "Barlow Girl" station on my Pandora Radio that is Christian Rock and it just makes me feel better. It's a funny thing but while I loves me some Pitt Bull, the nasty stuff just does nothing for my thoughts when I am out walking and trying to clear my head, heart and soul.

No comments: