Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My September Goal DONE!

So happy to say I met September goal and I still have over a week and a half left in the month left. I got on the scale this morning and it read 239.8. I did the usual scale dance I do, on and off, and on and off, a couple of times. Happily it stayed put, so I'll take it. Now I can start moving toward that October goal. There is a little motivator in my head and I am sure it is probably not accurate but I can't turn it off for some reason. I kind of look at things like this. If I am at the bottom of a hill, if I have a 100 pound pack on my back, it is going to be twice as hard to get up the hill as if I have a 25 pound pack on my back. So my theory is, the lighter I get, the easier it is going to get to move the weight up the hill. I don't know. I am probably kidding myself because even when I was 175 pounds I really worked out, and it was a hard workout. It just felt different. The energy was different. I guess that is what I am searching for. That better feeling energy instead of the huffing and puffing and struggling to drag my ass up a hill.

Today I went early on my walk. I decided to conquer the "Frog"as I call it or a 3 miler. It involves a long, climbing hill. I was proud of myself because I didn't stop walking. Big Accomplishment. It's hard not to stop, and I don't even think this is this is the mega hard stuff but for some reason as I am chugging up I slow down. Breaks don't help and they put off the inevitable. I just pushed through it and I am glad. I ate a banana today shortly before I left and I am wondering if that helped give me some extra energy along with it being earlier in the day. Maybe. I am just grateful it's done!

I am doing a 5K in December. I am really excited about it. I am walking it and will probably walk it slower than I normally do because I am going to keep pace with a very dear friend. She suffers from rheumatoid arthritis. I count my blessings because I have seen her struggle over the last two years but get better with treatment. She is so happy to be well enough to walk in this 5K. I can't imagine being as young as we are and starting to lose so much mobility in joints. She has told me about how terrible the pain is, even starting her car has been next to impossible at times. I got call one time with her in tears because she couldn't walk down the stairs because she was in so much pain and she didn't what to do. It really hits home how blessed I am. I am so proud of her and this 5K for me will be about sharing a nice long walk with someone who couldn't do that even a year ago for her RA was so bad. Now, she can.

No comments: