Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I love days like today....

I hope I can handle month after month of days like today in Seattle. It's breezy and overcast and just a misty kind of day. I ran some errands this morning and even checked out possibilities for something to wear for a "holiday party" I may go to with my sweetheart in December. If I feel so inclined...I just may jump in with both feet and go. It's been forever since I have been willing to attend such an event but perhaps this year I will.

So in between running to and fro I have started dinner which I hope will turn out yummy. I will report back. I bought some of the high fiber english muffins and cut them up in to cubes and used the tiniest bit of olive oil, italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt and cracked pepper. I tossed these together and baked them on 400 until dry and crispy. I am going to put these in a mill for "bread crumbs". I bought some thinly sliced chicken breasts that I will brown in a pan sprayed with olive oil spray and then lay these in a dish that has some spaghetti sauce in it. I will sprinkle my homemade high fiber breadcrumbs on top, shave a small amount of parmesan cheese on there, then top with more sauce and then sprinkle top with part skim mozzarella. (not too much though) I have discovered that the canned sauces like Del Monte and Hunt's Traditional have a lot less fat than the jarred sauces and that is what I use. Unless it's summer and I have fresh tomatoes and can make my own to control the fat. Anyway, this will be my lowest fat version I can think of..."chicken parmesan". I am going to serve it with spaghetti squash for me and some pasta for the rest of the family. They can eat some garlic bread...that doesn't interest me. (smile)

I hope it turns out. I figure it will be one of those things I can put together and bake later. At least I hope it works out that way. So far my day is shaping up to be another one of racing around again.

No comments: