Sunday, January 31, 2010

My daughter...

went running/walking with me yesterday in the cold. She asked me if Dad was going to do the 1/2 marathon with me next year. I told her that he is supposed to and then she asked if he didn't, could she do it! I was thrilled. I told her that whether he does or doesn't, she definitely can do it! How awesome that will be not only to have my husband but one of my kiddos there next year!

So far, so good with the running/walking program. I am learning as I go but rather than do it for the timed splits, I use landmarks. I am going to run to here...then walk to here and so forth. For me it's too complicated to have a stop watch and be preoccupied with that. I do stretch out well before I go and also include that 5 minute brisk walk to warm up before I go.

Still loving my "Courage To Start" book. The more I read...the more I want to recommend it. This guy really speaks to me.

You know I have waffled a lot with the running vs. walking thing but this is something I really want to do. I want to do it because I have always told myself that I couldn't be a runner and I want to prove myself wrong. That is the absolute main reason why I am doing this...to push myself to a new limit and do something I believed I couldn't. I believe it's all about reaching forward now...new heights, ya know?

Selfish Lady Sends....

No comments: