Saturday, January 16, 2010

I wonder how many times I post today.

I guess that will depend how badly I want to wrestle the four year old away from Nick Jr. com, huh?

I am impatiently waiting for my husband to get out of the shower so we can go downtown to the Health and Fitness Expo where I will pick up my packet/bib! I have butterflies like crazy this morning. Uggg. I think it's going to become even more real when we get down there today and I set the finish line already set up and have that bib with my name and number on it in hand. WOW

Last night I came out to my car after work only to discover a dozen roses and a card waiting for me from my husband! Can I just say...the guy melts me! He just wanted to remind me how much he loves me and how proud he is of me. Once again...I am such a lucky girl!

Today is my last day to carb load. I had a bowl of high fiber oatmeal, with a tablespoon of flax meal and 1/2 cup of Kashi granola on it. I washed it down with a glass of lowfat milk and a banana. It was probably 400 calories and I don't ever eat that much at one sitting usually unless it's dinner but today...I'll make an exception. Last time I walked 13 miles I burned way more than 1000 calories so pretty much anything I eat today will get burned off tomorrow. I still will eat my same ol' healthier stuff today but with more carbs than I am used to eating along with even more water. Whatever I do nutrition and hydration wise today will set the stage for me in the morning.

I hear him coming...yay! Out the door we go.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Exciting times! I wish you the best tomorrow & can't wait to hear how it went for you!

Shannon
www.operationbyebyefatsuit.blogspot.com