Friday, January 15, 2010

I have been thinking....

and that's always dangerous in Amy's world. I have been thinking about the pictures I have over the years of my children strategically planted in front of me to hide my fat self. I am one who ran from the camera, held up my hand to hide my face because of my shame. Now, I don't hide at all and that amazes me. I finally love who I am. The different body is great but I LOVE WHO I HAVE BECOME...way beyond the physical appearance. I think you can love yourself at any size. I think it's just the fact that I finally believe in myself and that is what I see when I look at pictures of me now. I see a girl who is confident and has so much more faith in herself that she ever did before.

With all my heart I believe that we all have it in us...ALL OF US! You just have to hang on for dear life sometimes and become "selfish" about saving it!

Off to work I go...(in a Deli of all places!)

Selfish Lady Sends..........

2 comments:

The Silly Witch said...

I'm so excited for you. You are gonna have a blast, and I doubt this will be your last half marathon. Good luck!

EMILY said...

This made me chuckle...I am always hiding behind my kids...too bad I can't hide my face though! Pictures are a source of contention with my in-laws...they don't understand how uncomfortable i am being in pictures. i hope one day i will want to "strike a pose" rather than run away when someone pulls out their camera! you are awesome!