Friday, July 3, 2009

Eating more to weigh less

What a concept, huh? I am learning to listen more and more to my body. Those cues it's been giving me...the "I'm hungry"....well, I have finally been listening. It dawned on me that as my body has changed, so has my metabolism. I haven't had my body fat composition checked lately but I highly doubt it's much compared to what it was when I started this journey. So my makeup now is probably now more lean muscle and it needs something different to fuel it. I have allowed myself a few more carbs...good ones...like some popcorn for a snack last night, or some whole wheat crackers, or two sides of a high fiber bagel instead of one. That seems to be helping tremendously with the scale going down now....103.4 this morning, and it is helping with my energy. I grabbed on of the trainers yesterday at the gym and told her that I want to re-evaluate soon so that I can start building my workouts more about more power lifting and body shaping. I am definitely getting to that point. I am not wanting to be one of those scary ripply lady people....I just want to define my muscles. Come in to my brain for a moment....(scary isn't it...giggle) When I am lifting weights at the gym, of course I am in front of walls of mirrors. I am so amazed now when I watch myself lift or pull and I can actually see the muscles in my arms and the different directions they go. It's a beautiful thing. It really is. To go from chubby, curdley, flabby, yucky, to this strong and defined arm and I can actually see the muscle at work just as if it were popping out of a medical text book. It WOWS me. The same when I work on my legs and I put my hands down on my thighs when I am pushing out and I can literally feel the different directions of the muscles as they travel this way and that, and they are hard and working for me. What a difference...I am so glad I didn't give up on this because I can now see the results and even beauty in it.

Okay, you can get out of my brain now! I told you it was a scary place!

Selfish Lady Sends.....

No comments: