Sunday, September 6, 2009

Okay, I had a little break...now I have to get back to "reality"

I have been off lately...really off. I am not going to really beat myself up about it. It's a wonder I haven't gained 10 pounds. I have made a conscience effort to still get on the scale every day just to make sure. I just have eaten plenty I shouldn't and haven't had my heart any soul in my workouts probably for the last 6 weeks. I could spend a lot of time trying to figure out the reason but I'll never come to a solid conclusion. The best thing for me to do is recognise that I have "had my fun" and now it back to get back on track before I get too discouraged. I have really seen the "old Amy" as of late...which means something is bothering me.

I believe I have found a part time job. I have been a bit overwhelmed with all the expenses that keep coming up with the kiddos. The older they get the more they cost! Wow! So I am looking forward to a little part time gig to contribute to their activities. I think it'll be good for me to. I still don't really have any friends here other than an aquaintance here or there at church so I feel pretty lonely. I think getting out amoungst the "living" will be really a great thing.

This week is the kick off party for the marathon. I am looking forward to that. FREE T-SHIRT! Yay!

Kent and I also painted the kitchen which I absolutely love. It's a cranberry color. It looks amazing! We went ahead and bought the paint for the living room and the kitchen/living room ceiling. We have to wait to paint those because our house is still under warranty and the builder needs to fix some seams for us. I think we'll hire someone to do that painting . We will also do some cool painting in the piano room. I can't believe we have lived in a home for so long before we have finally gotten around to painting and such but there have been a couple of reasons for that. One reason is that I couldn't decide exactly what colors I wanted. Another reason is moving past the "military housing" mentality that I have been stuck in. When you are a military family and move so often it kind of is difficult to wrap your head around the idea that you'll be in one spot for a while. Decorating and painting sometimes aren't the easiest things to do in cookie cutter military homes. Now that we have our own home...I just haven't been able to figure out what I want to do with it. I watch way too much HGTV. I need some design help something terrible. ;)

Happy Labor Day! Now that the kitchen is painted..., maybe I'll just enjoy it. Justin says Labor Day is "pool day" so maybe that's what we'll do!

Selfish Lady Sends....

No comments: