Friday, September 18, 2009

I am tickled now...

I spent time with a trainer today. I got my "body" age done and I have the body of a 37 year old! Not bad, huh? The bigger deal for me is...I am now only 20.2 % body fat! woo hoo! I am like .7% away from what is considered "excellent" for body fat composition! Go Amy...Go Amy...it's your birthday! It's your birthday! Just kidding! That seriously makes me happy! But really, she was using calipers and was measuring me and said...uh..."there is really not that much there."

So we are going to work on building my body and increasing my muscle mass. Now that I have these very few last pounds to go there is just a transition that will be taking place. I took my book to her where I have been writing down what I eat. She said I eat great but recommended that I eat more complex carbs instead of cereal and bread. Oatmeal is a better choice instead of cold cereal. Brown rice is better than a high fiber pasta because of the processing. Even bread...though high fiber...has still been processed quite a bit which makes sense. Egg whites, 3 or 4 of them too should be added. I eat egg whites...but not that many in the mornings so I will be eating a pile I guess! Ha!Ha! I suppose for muscle building I will be looking at more protein and less carbs. I will have to have some though because of my training for the half marathon. I starve if I don't some. I'll just to make sure that what I do eat is very complex in nature...GOOD CARBS!

Someday, when I am RICH....or get a lucky break...or am crazy enough to go in to debt for it, I'll get my surgery to take off all the extra skin and fix the damage I have done through years of being fat. It's hard to not be really angry with myself but ANGER will not change anything. It doesn't erase stretch marks, make loose skin retract, boobs inflate, etc. It just doesn't happen that way. The only thing I can do is work really hard on the body and muscles underneath and when it's time for that happen...I'll be in great shape and the transformation is going to be magical.

Keep on rockin'

Selfish Lady Sends...

No comments: