Thursday, June 4, 2009

Walking toward January

I was out walking today. I decided that it was cool enough this morning to walk...well it started out that way. I was burning up by the time I was done. :) My thoughts turned toward January and the excitement I feel about lining up with all these athletes on a starting line and beginning a marathon. This marathon that I will complete with my husband is a first for the both of us but is so symbolic for me. It represents a "hurdle", a "barrier", finally breaking through or completing a huge journey. Perhaps it is the start of becoming something more. Maybe crossing through that finish line will represent cutting the ribbon with the "golden scissors" and means that something greater is about to begin. I am just so excited about it because I know I can do it. I know it will be very hard...the hardest thing physically I have had to do yet...and it's going to take more effort to prepare for it. I am up for it. I am ready.

No comments: