Thursday, July 25, 2013

I keep reminding myself to not forget how hard this was....

Like that will seriously be difficult. This morning I was huffing and puffing along and grumbling out loud to myself until I saw a man waiting for the ferry shuttle. I quickly shut up until I got past him but then I think I probably quickly went back to my feeling sorry for myself. In all of my self pity I reminded myself to remember all of this. There was a time that I went through this before and it was so incredibly hard. Each time I did it though...it got a little easier and then, well I fell in love with walking and something came over me and there were days I didn't want to stop. 4 miles, 5 miles, 6 miles, 7 miles....for runners that is nothing but walking that takes more time. I was walking 9-10 minute miles and yes....even got under that a few times but I wasn't the scary swinging hips and arms walker. I was "I'm the Ginger Bread Man catch me if you can" almost running walker. The difference between walking in Texas and Washington is HILLS...and they BITE....my calves, my shins. Like I said though, I will grumble through the hard stuff for a while because I know that after a while that time will come that the wind will catch my sail and it will dawn on me "Hey, this is easier than it used to be". That only means longer walks and pushing harder but I will be ready for that then. For now...small steps, just the painful, swearing under my breath, wonder what in the heck I am doing steps in the right direction. That's how I see it anyway.

No comments: