Saturday, December 27, 2008

Oh yeah, and one more thing....or two

About the power.

Another thing I was thinking about "power". While I was walking the day after Christmas....when I was pondering power...is that right now....I am not diabetic...I do not have heart disease or high blood pressure and for that I am so lucky because being as overweight as I am...I easily could....

So I need to do something while I can...while I have the power to do it. If I waited until I have serious health conditions that have pushed me to a whole other level well I have given some of that power away and I don't want to do that. I do have high cholesterol but I am busting my butt to get that down and I believe I will. I am a POWER RANGER......arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
(you have to have a sense of humor here!)

Oh yeah...and I got on the scale this morning and I have lost 20.4 pounds since the 1st of December and it's only the 27th. Nope, I am not starving myself...far from it. I eat and well....I just eat lots of lean turkey, chicken, very little red meat, lots of HIGH fiber foods, no sugar, lots of water, no soda, coffee, tea, alcohol, lots of fresh vegetables, fruits and dried beans (cooked of course) nuts, good oils, and I work out 6 days a week at the gym. I eat small snacks with a protein and veg or fruit in between meals to keep my metabolism going. No diet pills or anything like that....and I think fiber keeps me satisfied. No diet here....just changed how I cook and how we eat.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Reyna said...

you forgot about the turkey cutlets