Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Ouch!!!

It is probably crazy to post a giant picture of my toe but I wanted to share what can happen when you are over zealous in walking. (Huge smile) I have a blue toe or what is a giant blister  under my nail that is incredibly painful. I keep draining it (TMI) but it fills back up pushing my nail forward. This showed up after my 10 mile walk on Sunday. I still knocked out over 5.36 miles yesterday even in pain. I have to admit my legs felt like dead weight so those were more distracting than the toe. Today I will do a quick 3 miles. I am kind of glad to learn about the blue toe now so that I can learn how to prevent it in the future especially for the half marathon I am doing in October. Honestly I feel so much better, eating is on track and I had a little break from babysitting which was good for me. Things are rolling in a positive direction. Yesterday I made a batch of granola which taste so much better than store bought. I don't put dried fruit in it because I have learned it makes it chewy and increases the calories. Frozen blueberries and a small amount of unsweetened coconut milk or cashew milk is a perfect addition. The grandbaby and I shared some scrambled eggs for protein. I don't eat much granola as it is high in calories so I measure out 1/2 a cup. It is pretty addicting so I close that bag quick. My family loves the sweet,salty,nutty goodness.
It is going to be a great day....a balancing act but a great day. I am blessed.

No comments: