Saturday, July 25, 2015

Tomorrow is my one year anniversary....

Tomorrow is July 26th. One year from the date that I had that Dr. appointment and got on a scale and got shook up over my weight and made a decision to do something about it. Tonight I plan on going back and reading over my posts so that I can regroup but as I think back so much has changed. I've changed. A year ago I decided that by my 50th birthday I wanted to be under 200 pounds. I am happy to say that I achieved that a while ago and I am 49 years old. I wondered where I would be in a year and thankfully I have really accomplished a lot. I have slid back in some ways but in other ways I have made a change of heart that seems to be lasting. I knew going in to this the hardest part would not be getting to my goal and it hasn't been the hard part. It is staying put once I achieved it. That is really, really tough because life has a way of constantly throwing us curve balls and it is so easy to feel like we've "arrived" when the reality is there is no finish line. There is never a finish line it is always a constant work in progress to be healthy, happy and in charge of our personal goals. My plate runneth over right now but probably no more so than anyone else and I just have to keep plugging away and being selfish about taking care of me. It feels good to "FEEL GOOD" and to feel motivated and alive. A year from this post I "should" be living in a completely new place, new state with a new routine and probably a whole new set of curve balls. I hope that I will be able to look back and be happy with my future progress and be continuing my efforts to be better at all I try to do. I want to be not only a better person physically but I want to try my best to be better emotionally, personally and as a whole to the world. I need to find ways to love more, be more compassionate, more humble and look for more good in the world. I walked almost 7 miles today alone, in the misty rain which turned to a slow drizzle. I walked up the "Hill That I Hate" and said out loud...."I don't hate you anymore". It is these hills that I climb up and down that are what has made me better and stronger and helped me change. I appreciate that hill now.

No comments: