Thursday, April 9, 2015

Some days just suck and then it changes...

Yesterday was one of those days and actually I have had a few funky days. I woke up just feeling really blue and I couldn't put my finger on what was going on. I knew I needed to go for a walk and go to the gym and I wasn't feeling it but I got dressed for it anyway. I headed out the door for a walk with a sense of dread but as I walked things changed. It was an emotional walk and I don't like those because crying and walking aren't a good mix but they are oh so good for me. I still don't know what it is that was bothering me but all I know is that by the time I was done walking I felt a huge sense of relief and was ready to go tackle the gym. I had a great "self talk" as a climbed the "hill I hate" and it was just something I needed to get out an do. It confirmed to me what I already knew and that was that when I don't feel like doing something I need to do it anyway because I will feel so much better afterward. My day changed from being down and depressing to ending up being pretty good. I am grateful I pushed through the funk and got my butt out the door.

No comments: