Saturday, April 18, 2015

Sick Day.....

This week has been a down week for me work out wise. I had a few days I walked and one day I made it to the gym and then WHAM!!!! The crud hit me like a ton of bricks. I may be completely over thinking this but I have wondered and wondered if it wasn't the steam room that I sat in for about 15 minutes on Monday. It could also be germs from the airplane from my trip to Cali, or germs from the gym equipment or heaven forbid...it was time for this health, middle aged female to just get sick. Gasp....Anyway...I am stuck in bed, huge jug of water, coughing my lungs up, ears aching, joints aching, nose running and things could be worse so life is really good. I count my blessings.

Lately the scale has been hanging around 178-9 and this morning it was 177.something. I chalk that up to illness and not really eating a whole lot these last couple of days. Anyway, I think I can safely say I am in that zone or getting close to it. As I get in to this area I feel so comfortable in I am searching for a strong body. The size I am wearing I am very comfortable and I don't mind if this is where I land. My goal now is to refine and tone and strengthen. (wouldn't mind the muffin top disappearing but part of that is skin creeping over) So my goals are going to start to be more strength driven, experience driven and learning to balance and maintain.

I have found I love going to the gym. I feel strong there and enjoy making sure I include my walks around the neighborhood for a warm-up first really makes a huge difference. I feel like I would be losing something major about this journey if I let go of what I love so much and that is my walking. I don't like treadmills, can't do treadmills and heaven forbid...one day I may be resigned to use one but for now...I have this beautiful area and I can get out and walk and go further if I want or cut it short if I want. The gorgeous spring is here which will soon turn in to an amazing Summer. This is a time to relish in Sun and the precious few months of warmth that this area offers us. I am looking forward to learning to kayak, and going hiking and just putting myself out there and trying new things.

So as I sniffle and cough and hack in bed, those are the "Selfish Lady's" thoughts. I have got to get on the mend so I can get right back out there and get to it.

No comments: