Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Breakfast of a champion....


This is what one of my favorite breakfasts looks like. I am kicking myself because I have been missing out on all the fun of eating this way lately. I love to cook and I love to eat and this is one is so yummy. It's a whole wheat high fiber tortilla (Mission Plus) and then scramble egg whites with some sea salt and cracked pepper. I have about 1/4 of a small avocado sliced on there and then some home-made salsa! I confess...I literally drank the leftover juice off the plate...it was that good.

So after two good days I feel like I am on a bit of a "roll"...and eventually my "rolls" should go down some. I stepped on the scale just for some encouragement and we'll just say I got LOTS of encouragement in just two days. I am seriously just trying to get back to a point where I feel good in my skin and my clothes fit where I want them to. I am not shooting for some mystical weight or pie in the sky number. I just want to enjoy the great closet full of clothes I have and stay FAR away from the plus sized department. I do not want to creep back in that direction.
I just want to settle, nestle down in a nice, pleasant place where I feel comfortable about me. I feel a lot of shame again because it's obvious that I have gained weight and I cringe when I come around people who haven't seen me in a couple of months. It's like "Wonder Woman" lost her powers or something. Gack! I hate that and I have never wanted to be that or feel that way. I am trying to work through that because I feel like I am pushing people I love and care about away because of it.

No comments: