Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Moving right along....

So the rain has started and I know now is the time that it's going to get really hard. I haven't felt well lately. I have walked every other day for the last 5 or so days. That's not great. I am on an antibiotic now so I am hoping that is curing what is ailing me and I will be on the mend. Today will be a walk in the rain though. I am determined. Yesterday, I was a grilling fool and we grilled 3 pounds of chicken breasts, a bunch of shrimp and a couple steaks. Having the grilled proteins to throw on salads or in a wrap makes life a little easier. I froze what I thought I couldn't eat before it went bad. I even have some for later. I got on the scale this morning and I am down over 43 pounds now. I have met my October goal and well on my way to my November goal. I am constantly re-adjusting. Finally, I believe I can see a different me staring back. I still see a heavy girl because I off course am a heavy girl. I believe I need to see it that way but there is something different about me and it's better. I say I need to see the heavy girl because I need to ease in to this change this time. I was telling my husband the other night that that there is a funny thing, I don't miss certain foods I am not eating. I am not sure why that is. I don't eat sugar and I don't crave it. I have not found myself missing sweets, or chips, or buttery things that I used to comfort myself with. It's almost odd. I am not complaining, I just think it's different. I hope that it's because I am getting enough of whatever it is my body needs right now that it doesn't trip my brain wires for that stuff. I do have a bite of 70% chocolate here and there. That is my one vice and it's good for me. :)

No comments: