Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thoughts....

I was laying next to a very grumpy 4 year old tonight as he tried to go to sleep. While musing the whole situation with him and his "attitude" I had a few thoughts of my own. He is such a stubborn kid and very impetuous like someone else I know. Gee, wonder where he gets all of that from??

I let my mind wander back to days probably in early January or February of last year when I was out walking and it was so hard to keep going. I remember when I thought 2 miles was amazing! Shoot, 30 minutes was amazing! It wasn't easy but it was challenging and I was doing it. I pushed through what was hard for me. Now I am at this spot that I am struggling with and was picturing myself standing in front of a huge black wall...It is THAT which keeps me from moving ahead and somehow, someway...I have got to find that "girl"...the stubborn, impetuous girl and tell her to kick that sucker out of the way...because I have things to be doing. I don't have time to be stuck in this mire I am in. I am not giving up...I am not! That half marathon in January is going to be unbelievably hard now because I just did an absolute "stand still" but the "old Amy" would say..."give up...you can't make it." I know I CAN! I may be dragging my ass across that finish line and the only faces I'll see are the ones I treasure the most left at that crossing...but I am going to finish and I am NOT GIVING UP! I am doing this. Screw the "t-shirt"...it's about finishing the race I started.

Selfish Lady Sends....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have no doubts that you'll finish!
You're one tough and determined lady!